Near Lufkin in Angelina County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Lindsey Springs Logging Camp
Erected 1993 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 8708.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Horticulture & Forestry • Natural Features • Natural Resources. A significant historical year for this entry is 1899.
Location. 31° 13.945′ N, 94° 41.624′ W. Marker is near Lufkin, Texas, in Angelina County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 58, 2.3 miles south of Farm to Market Road 2108, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lufkin TX 75901, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are Fairview School (approx. 2.1 miles away); Burke Methodist Church (approx. 4.4 miles away); Hoshall (approx. 4.4 miles away); Burke School (approx. 4.6 miles away); Prairie Grove (approx. 4.7 miles away); Homer Cemetery (approx. 4.8 miles away); Whitehouse Cemetery (approx. 4.8 miles away); Site of the town of Homer (approx. 5 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lufkin.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 21, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,319 times since then and 38 times this year. Last updated on November 23, 2014, by Robert Martin of Diboll, TX - Texas. Photo 1. submitted on February 21, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photo of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?