Pawhuska in Osage County, Oklahoma — The American South (Western South-Central)
Site of the First Osage Agency Building
1873 - 1932
First Osage Agency Building
the Department of the Interior
the Osage Indians.
Erected 1932 by Pawhuska Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 36° 39.8′ N, 96° 20.42′ W. Marker is in Pawhuska, Oklahoma, in Osage County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (State Highway 11) and Osage Avenue, on the left when traveling west on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 West Main Street, Pawhuska OK 74056, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. "Osage in the Enemy Camp" (within shouting distance of this marker); Blacksmith Home (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Vernon Whiting (approx. 0.2 miles away); An Answer To Prayer (approx. 0.2 miles away); Restoring the Whiting Apartments (approx. 0.2 "Million Dollar Elm" (approx. 0.2 miles away); Oil in the Osage Indian Nation and the "Million Dollar Elm" (approx. 0.3 miles away); Friendship Between the Osage and the Occitan of Montauban (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pawhuska.
Also see . . . Osage Nation. (Submitted on March 1, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Native Americans •
More. Search the internet for Site of the First Osage Agency Building.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 1, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 298 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 1, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.