Chaptico in St. Mary's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Originally patented March 26, 1680 as "Wales"
The present house was built in 1745
Major William Thomas Jr. (1758-1813)
of the famous "Maryland Line" and
Dr. James Thomas (1785-1845)
Governor of Maryland 1833-36
lived and lie buried here.
Erected by State Roads Commission.
Location. 38° 21.326′ N, 76° 45.64′ W. Marker is in Chaptico, Maryland, in St. Mary's County. Marker is on Budd Creek Road (SR 234). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Chaptico MD 20621, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Prosperous Port Town (approx. 1½ miles away); Christ Church King and Queen Parish (approx. 1½ miles away); Chaptico (approx. 1½ miles away); a different marker also named Chaptico (approx. 1½ miles away); Forest Hall (approx. 4.9 miles away); Tobacco Barns (approx. 5.1 miles away); Three Notch Road (approx. 5.4 miles away); Extending the Rail (approx. 5.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chaptico.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Government & Politics • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for "Deep Falls".
Credits. This page was last revised on August 18, 2019. This page originally submitted on March 1, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 285 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 1, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.