Bedford Township in Bedford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & Settlers • War, French and Indian. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1750.
Location. 40° 1.115′ N, 78° 29.483′ W. Marker is in Bedford Township, Pennsylvania, in Bedford County. Marker is at the intersection of East Pitt Street and East Penn Street, on the right when traveling west on East Pitt Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bedford PA 15522, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Rural Electrification (approx. 0.4 miles away); Fraser Tavern (approx. half a mile away); Anderson House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Espy House (approx. George Washington (approx. 0.6 miles away); "King's House" (approx. 0.6 miles away); This Tablet Marks The Site of Fort Bedford (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Elm Tree Memorial (approx. 0.6 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on December 14, 2020. It was originally submitted on April 30, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 369 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 30, 2015, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.