Historic District - South in Savannah in Chatham County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
of the Girl Scouts ---- 1912
"She gave the lead — she is not dead if we
but keep alive the spirit that was hers
— Robert Baden Powell
Erected 1937 by Girl Scouts of America.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Women. A significant historical year for this entry is 1912.
Location. 32° 4.39′ N, 81° 5.573′ W. Marker is in Savannah, Georgia, in Chatham County. It is in the Historic District - South. Marker is on Drayton St near E. Main Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Savannah GA 31401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Birthplace of Girl Scouting (here, next to this marker); First Girl Scout Headquarters in America (within shouting distance of this marker); Colonial Dames House (within shouting distance of this marker); Andrew Low House (within shouting distance of this marker); Mary Musgrove (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Marist Place (about 300 feet away); Sergeant Jasper (about 400 feet away); Savannah Volunteer Guards (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Savannah.
Also see . . . Juliette Gordon Low Biography. Girl Scouts website entry (Submitted on June 12, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Credits. This page was last revised on February 8, 2023. It was originally submitted on June 12, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,545 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 12, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 3. submitted on December 6, 2009, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.