Shippensburg Township in Cumberland County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1948 by Pennsylvania Historical & Museum Commission.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1730.
Location. 40° 3.561′ N, 77° 30.412′ W. Marker is in Shippensburg Township, Pennsylvania, in Cumberland County. Marker is at the intersection of East King Street (US 11) and Walnut Bottom Road (PA 174) on East King Street (US 11). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Shippensburg PA 17257, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The First Court House of Cumberland County (approx. half a mile away); Locust Grove Cemetery (approx. half a mile away); Old Court House (approx. half a mile away); Fort Morris (approx. half a mile away); The Original Site of the German Reformed and Lutheran Congregations (approx. half a mile away); The Ones He Left Behind: The Widow and Children of Jacob Agle (approx. half a mile away); On this hill stood Fort Morris (approx. half a mile away); This tablet is placed (approx. 0.7 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on December 25, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 2, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 366 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 2, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.