Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Pearl River in Rockland County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Johannes Perry House

 
 
Johannes Perry House Marker image. Click for full size.
The Historical Society of Rockland County
1. Johannes Perry House Marker
Inscription.  This house stands on the north half of lot No. 42 of the Kakiat Patent bought from William Bayard by Peter Perry c. 1773. The earliest section of the existing structure was probably built by his son Johannes c. 1774. It has been enlarged and considerably altered throughout the years. In 1832 the farm was devised to Johannes' daughter Mary, wife of Abraham Horn[,] and remained in the Horn family until 1908.
 
Erected by The Historical Society of Rockland County.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial EraNotable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1773.
 
Location. 41° 2.961′ N, 74° 0.987′ W. Marker is in Pearl River, New York, in Rockland County. Marker is on Elizabeth Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 49 Elizabeth St,, Pearl River NY 10965, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Montvale Veterans Monument (approx. 0.9 miles away in New Jersey); The Octagon House (approx. one mile away in New Jersey); Blauvelt-Seaman House
Johannes Perry House image. Click for full size.
The Historical Society of Rockland County
2. Johannes Perry House
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 1˝ miles away in New Jersey); Cuyper-Van Houten House (approx. 1˝ miles away); Ackerson Homestead (approx. 1˝ miles away in New Jersey); Site of Old Block House (approx. 1˝ miles away in New Jersey); Salyer House (approx. 1.6 miles away); Pascack Historical Society Museum (approx. 1.7 miles away in New Jersey).
 
More about this marker. Mr. & Mrs. Harold Kennedy, sponsors
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 4, 2015, by The Historical Society of Rockland County of New City, New York. This page has been viewed 429 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 4, 2015, by The Historical Society of Rockland County of New City, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=84128

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 21, 2021