Near Rockdale in Milam County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of the Mission San Ildefonso
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 7990.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the El Camino Real de los Tejas National Historic Trail, and the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1749.
Location. 30° 41.406′ N, 97° 5.378′ W. Marker is near Rockdale, Texas, in Milam County. Marker is on County Road 429, 0.3 miles south of Farm to Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Rockdale TX 76567, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Site of Mission San Francisco Xavier de Los Dolores (approx. 1.4 miles away); Site of the Mission Nuestra Señora de la Candelaria (approx. 1.8 miles away); Apache Pass River Crossing (approx. 2.8 miles away); Sharp Cemetery (approx. 5 miles away); William Persky (approx. 5.1 miles away); The Kay Theater (approx. 5.7 miles away); Matinee Musical Club (approx. 5.8 miles away); Sharp General Store (approx. 5.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rockdale.
Also see . . . San Ildefonso Mission article at Handbook of Texas. (Submitted on June 22, 2015, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 22, 2015, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 375 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 22, 2015, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.