Fairfield in Freestone County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Butler Church Bell
(Formerly 15 miles SE)
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 9862.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Waterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells 🔔 series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1873.
Location. 31° 43.584′ N, 96° 9.484′ W. Marker is in Fairfield, Texas, in Freestone County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Hall Street, on the right on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fairfield TX 75840, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Freestone Jail (a few steps from this marker); Site of Law Office General John Gregg (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Val Verde Battery (about Captain L.D. Bradley (about 700 feet away); Freestone County (about 700 feet away); The Fridolin (Fred) Fischer Home (about 800 feet away); The Manahan House (approx. ¼ mile away); Lewis Corner (approx. 7.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fairfield.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 17, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 5, 2015, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 298 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 5, 2015, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.