Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Larose in Lafourche Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Church

 
 
Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Church Marker image. Click for full size.
April 22, 2005
1. Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Church Marker
Inscription.  This church was founded in the mid-1800's when a small chapel was built at the juncture of Canal Harang and Bayou Lafourche. In 1873 a second church, which would serve the surrounding community of Larose and all of South Lafourche, was erected on the present site donated by Octave Harang. Rev. Hyacinthe Brindejone was the pastor. The present structure was erected in 1933 under the leadership of Rev. Charles Tessier. The adjacent cemetery has served the parish for over 100 years.
 
Erected by Lafourche Heritage Society.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1873.
 
Location. 29° 34.303′ N, 90° 22.9′ W. Marker is in Larose, Louisiana, in Lafourche Parish. Marker is on East Main Street. (State Highway 657) east of East 2nd Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 12911 E Main St, Larose LA 70373, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Larose (approx. 1.2 miles away); Curole House
Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
April 22, 2005
2. Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic Church and Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 4.8 miles away); Cote Blanche (approx. 4.9 miles away); Bouverans Plantation House (approx. 8.7 miles away); Holy Savior Cemetery (approx. 10½ miles away); Galliano (approx. 10.8 miles away); Lockport (approx. 10.8 miles away); Vacherie-Gheens (approx. 11.1 miles away).
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 13, 2015. This page has been viewed 353 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 13, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=85423

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Dec. 8, 2022