Big Spring in Howard County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The J. & W. Fisher Company
Erected 1976 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5359.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1881.
Location. 32° 15.23′ N, 101° 28.669′ W. Marker is in Big Spring, Texas, in Howard County. Marker is on South Main Street south of West 1st Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 110 South Main Street, Big Spring TX 79720, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distanceBig Spring Hardware Company (within shouting distance of this marker); A Historical Big Spring Meat Market (within shouting distance of this marker); The Seventh Earl of Aylesford (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Howard County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Settles Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Potton House (approx. 0.2 miles away); First National Bank in Big Spring (approx. 0.2 miles away); St. Thomas Catholic Church (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Big Spring.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 302 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 2, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.