Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Plaquemine in Iberville Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
 

Morrisonville

 
 
Morrisonville Marker image. Click for full size.
July 31, 2015
1. Morrisonville Marker
Inscription.  
On March 13, 1889, Rev. Robert Morrison established the Nazarene Baptist Church one and one half miles north of this site on Australia Point where the community of Morrisonville developed. Due to levee setbacks in 1921 residents relocated to Graceville, named after the land seller, and in 1931 moved to Mayflower Plantation. Dow Chemical relocated the community to Morrisonville Estates in Iberville Parish and Morrisonville Acres in West Baton Rouge Parish in 1990. Today, only the cemeteries remain.
 
Erected 2004 by The Dow Chemical Company - Louisiana Operations.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: African AmericansCemeteries & Burial SitesIndustry & CommerceSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical month for this entry is March 1300.
 
Location. 30° 19.405′ N, 91° 13.347′ W. Marker is in Plaquemine, Louisiana, in Iberville Parish. Marker is on Warren Road (State Highway 988) one mile south of South River Road, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Plaquemine LA 70764, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles
Morrisonville Marker image. Click for full size.
July 31, 2015
2. Morrisonville Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sardine Point (approx. ¾ mile away); Gary J. Hebert Memorial Lockhouse (approx. 2.3 miles away); Bayou Plaquemine (approx. 2.3 miles away); a different marker also named Bayou Plaquemine (approx. 2.3 miles away); Old City Hall (approx. 2.3 miles away); Academy of Saint Basil (approx. 2.4 miles away); Plaquemine First United Methodist Church (approx. 2.4 miles away); St. Delphine Plantation (approx. 2½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plaquemine.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 16, 2015. This page has been viewed 306 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 16, 2015. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=87258

Paid Advertisement
Nov. 27, 2021