Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Berlin in Coos County, New Hampshire — The American Northeast (New England)
 

Maynesborough's First Residence

1824

 
 
Maynesborough's First Residence Marker image. Click for full size.
By Kevin Craft, August 26, 2015
1. Maynesborough's First Residence Marker
Inscription.  
On the knoll north of this site, William Sessions and his nephew, Cyrus Wheeler erected "the first building that could be honored with the name of house" in what is now Berlin, NH. Sessions helped clear many other farms in the area. In the 20th century, the property was the Brown Company farm. The two barns still extant housed draft horses for the logging side of the business; the larger was moved about ¼ mile south from W.R. Brown's Arabian horse stud-farm in 1947.
 
Erected 2009 by New Hampshire Division of Historical Resources. (Marker Number 215.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: AgricultureIndustry & CommerceSettlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1824.
 
Location. 44° 30.653′ N, 71° 9.188′ W. Marker is near Berlin, New Hampshire, in Coos County. Marker is on East Milan Road 1½ miles north of 12th Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 137 East Milan Road, Berlin NH 03570, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 3 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as
Wideview of Maynesborough's First Residence Marker image. Click for full size.
By Kevin Craft, August 26, 2015
2. Wideview of Maynesborough's First Residence Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
the crow flies. The Nansen Ski Jump (approx. 1.7 miles away); Boom Piers (approx. 1.8 miles away); The Ravine House (approx. 11.6 miles away).
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 31, 2015, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec. This page has been viewed 283 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on August 31, 2015, by Kevin Craft of Bedford, Quebec.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=87972

Paid Advertisement
Apr. 21, 2021