Harding in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Washington’s Route from Princeton to Morristown
with his army
retired to Morristown
after his victory
January – 1777
Erected by the
Erected by Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Military • Notable Events • War, US Revolutionary. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1777.
Location. 40° 44.421′ N, 74° 27.364′ W. Marker is in Harding, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is at the intersection of Village Road and Dicksons Mill Road, in the median on Village Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Morristown NJ 07960, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Chatham Township Vietnam Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Green Village Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Green Village (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dickson's Mill Pond Elias Boudinot House (approx. half a mile away); Loantaka Trail (approx. 0.9 miles away); Gibbons Horse Barn (approx. one mile away); Loantaka School - Spring Valley School (approx. 1.2 miles away).
More about this marker. This is one of a series of markers placed by the DAR indicating Washington’s route from the Battle of Princeton to the encampment in Morristown.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
A list of markers along the route Washington’s Army took from Princeton to Morristown. It's best to study them in the order shown.
Also see . . . New Jersey During the Revolution. Website that details the Revolutionary War in New Jersey. Included are the Battle of Princeton and the encampments at Morristown. (Submitted on July 6, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 6, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 1,292 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 6, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey. 3. submitted on July 23, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of Woodland Park, New Jersey.