Scioto Park Stone #1
The McClure Road
— A Series of Four Stones —
This bridge was taken out when the County
tiled ditch was put in drying up the stream in
the early 1900’s. The boulders were removed by
farm operators for passage of equipment
around 1916. The erosion control bridge and
plantings were started in 1948- 49.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 40° 17.408′ N, 83° 8.818′ W. Marker is near Delaware, Ohio, in Delaware County. Marker is on Marysville Rd (U.S. 36), on the left when traveling west. Marker is in Scioto Township Park, on a hiking trail, at the far west side of the site, west of the pond. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 4363 US 36, Delaware OH 43015, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Scioto Park Stone #2 (about 600 feet away,
More about this marker. This is part of a series of four markers
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 17, 2015, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 252 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 17, 2015, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.