Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near West Milton in Miami County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

1804 Quaker Meeting House

West Branch Burial Ground, Marker #1

 
 
1804 Quaker Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, November 9, 2015
1. 1804 Quaker Meeting House Marker
close up, showing text
Inscription.  To commemorate the first church erected in Union Township, Miami County, Ohio, this log replica was constructed in 1976 by the Union Township 4-H Clubs and the West Milton area Camp Fire Girls.

The Laura Lions Club established this historic marker which stands on the site of the West Branch Quaker Burial Grounds near the location of the original church.
 
Erected 1976 by West Milton—Union Township American Revolution Bicentennial Committee Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 1- 55.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial SitesChurches & ReligionSettlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection, and the Quakerism series lists.
 
Location. 39° 56.137′ N, 84° 19.937′ W. Marker is near West Milton, Ohio, in Miami County. Marker is at the intersection of Frederick-Garland Road (County Route 48) and Mote Road (County Route 48), on the left when

Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
traveling west on Frederick-Garland Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7050 W Frederick-Garland Rd, West Milton OH 45383, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Brick Wall (a few steps from this marker); John Hoover (within shouting distance of this marker); West Milton Friends Meeting (approx. 1.9 miles away); The Underground Railroad in West Milton (approx. 2 miles away); Charles Furnas 1880- 1941 (approx. 2.2 miles away); West Milton Korean War Memorial (approx. 2.2 miles away); Union Veterans Memorial (approx. 2.9 miles away); Englewood Veterans Monument (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Milton.
 
More about this marker. There are three markers at this site
each will be presented as a separate page
 
1804 Quaker Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, November 9, 2015
2. 1804 Quaker Meeting House Marker
full view of marker
1804 Quaker Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, November 9, 2015
3. 1804 Quaker Meeting House Marker
marker can be seen at a distance
1804 Quaker Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, November 9, 2015
4. 1804 Quaker Meeting House Marker
the cabin/church
1804 Quaker Meeting House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, November 9, 2015
5. 1804 Quaker Meeting House Marker
cemetery sign
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 12, 2015, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 823 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 12, 2015, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=90539

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 26, 2024