Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Morristown in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

MacCulloch Hall

 
 
MacCulloch Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
1. MacCulloch Hall Marker
Inscription.  George MacCulloch, “Father of the Morris Canal,” and wife Louisa built this 1810-1819 Georgian Mansion. They established Saint Peter’s Episcopal Church. Louisa was first directress of family services of Morris County. The first recorded tomato in the state was grown in the garden.
 
Erected by Morris County Heritage Commission.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionIndustry & CommerceWaterways & Vessels. A significant historical year for this entry is 1810.
 
Location. 40° 47.532′ N, 74° 28.878′ W. Marker is in Morristown, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on MacCulloch Avenue. This property is on the New Jersey Register of Historic Places and the National Register of Historic Places. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Morristown NJ 07960, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Thomas Nast (within shouting distance of this marker); Sansay House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Continental Army Encampments (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dublin (approx.
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
0.2 miles away); Church of the Assumption (approx. 0.2 miles away); Saint Peter’s Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Mt. Kemble Home (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dr. Lewis Condict House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Morristown.
 
MacCulloch Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
2. MacCulloch Hall Marker
MacCulloch Hall image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
3. MacCulloch Hall
MacCulloch Hall image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
4. MacCulloch Hall
MacCulloch Hall Historical Museum (plaque on exterior wall) image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, November 27, 2015
5. MacCulloch Hall Historical Museum (plaque on exterior wall)
Established 1949 by W. Parsons Todd 1877-1978
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 1, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 261 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on December 1, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=91150

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 20, 2024