Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ledgewood in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Silas Riggs House

 
 
Silas Riggs House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, December 7, 2015
1. Silas Riggs House Marker
Inscription.  Pre-Revolutionary salt box dwelling least altered on the Suckasunny Plains. Built by Captain Silas Riggs, who operated three boats on nearby Morris Canal. Moved to present site 1962
 
Erected 1976 by New Jersey Register of Historic Places, Morris County Heritage Commission.
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Settlements & SettlersWaterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Morris Canal series list.
 
Location. 40° 52.724′ N, 74° 39.148′ W. Marker is in Ledgewood, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on Main Street. This marker is located in Roxbury Twp. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 217 Main Street, Ledgewood NJ 07852, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. King House Museum (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Morris Canal "King's Basin" (about 300 feet away); Morris Canal (approx. ¼ mile away); The Morris Canal   1824 – 1924 (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Presbyterian Church at Suckasunny Plains
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. one mile away); a different marker also named Morris Canal (approx. 1.1 miles away); Lake Rogerene (approx. 1.2 miles away); Lake Hopatcong Station (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ledgewood.
 
Silas Riggs House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, December 7, 2015
2. Silas Riggs House Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 10, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 369 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on December 10, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=91420

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 24, 2024