Coltons Point in St. Mary's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Saint Clement’s Island
(One-half mile offshore)
The Island became a part of St. Clements Manor, granted Dr. Thomas Gerard, November 3, 1639 and was later owned by the Blackistone family for over 200 years during which it was known as Blackistone Island.
Erected by Maryland Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Natural Features • Notable Places.
Location. 38° 13.477′ N, 76° 45.029′ W. Marker is in Coltons Point, Maryland, in St. Mary's County. Marker is on Point Breeze Road 0.2 miles east of Colton Point Road (Route 242), on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Coltons Point MD 20626, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Clement's Island Lighthouse (here, next to this marker); Mother of Light Shrine (a few steps from this marker); St. Clements Manor Potomac River Dory Boat (within shouting distance of this marker); Welcome to St. Clement's Island (approx. ¾ mile away); Maryland Began Here! (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Shrinking Island (approx. 1.2 miles away); St. Clement's Island (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Coltons Point.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 18, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 14, 2008, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,284 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 14, 2008, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. 2. submitted on September 4, 2009, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. 3. submitted on July 15, 2008, by Tom Fuchs of Greenbelt, Maryland. 4, 5, 6. submitted on November 7, 2009, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland.