Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Amarillo in Randall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Llano Cemetery

 
 
Llano Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, November 18, 2015
1. Llano Cemetery Marker
Inscription.  Land for this cemetery was given by T. B. and Hattie M. Clisbee in 1891, although a number of burials had already taken place by that time. The earliest known burial, that of Lillian Morrow, occurred in 1888. According to local legend, she was a child interred here by her westward-traveling family. A cemetery association, which was formed about 1901, was chartered in 1921. Llano Cemetery has served as a regional burial ground for Panhandle residents. A mausoleum, The Llano Pantheon, was built in 1929 with widespread community support.
 
Erected 1987 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 3105.)
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. A significant historical year for this entry is 1891.
 
Location. 35° 10.957′ N, 101° 49.858′ W. Marker is in Amarillo, Texas, in Randall County. Marker is located in front of brick office in center of cemetery. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2900 South Hayes, Amarillo TX 79103, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Melissa Dora Oliver-Eakle (approx. 0.6 miles away); Amarillo Globe Dream House
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. ¾ mile away); Clarence and Lorraine Eakle House (approx. ¾ mile away); Eakle-Archer House (approx. 0.8 miles away); Edward L. and Margaret Seewald Roberts House (approx. 0.8 miles away); Mary (Masterson) and John Fain House (approx. 0.8 miles away); H. W. and Katie Galbraith House (approx. one mile away); Avery and Mary Turner House (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Amarillo.
 
Llano Cemetery Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, November 18, 2015
2. Llano Cemetery Marker
NRHP plaque is on the left.
The Llano Pantheon image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Bill Kirchner, November 18, 2015
3. The Llano Pantheon
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 13, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 651 times since then and 55 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on December 13, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=91538

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 18, 2024