Whippany in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Village of Whippany
Erected by Morris County Heritage Commission.
Topics. This memorial is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Industry & Commerce • War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical year for this entry is 1676.
Location. 40° 49.376′ N, 74° 25.06′ W. Marker is in Whippany, New Jersey, in Morris County. Memorial is on Parsippany Road. The marker is on the front lawn of the United States Post Office, Whippany NJ. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Whippany NJ 07981, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Melville Mill (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Our Lady of Mercy Chapel (approx. ¼ mile away); Earle Richard Henriquez-Gil, Sr. (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pennsylvania Railroad “Watch Box” (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pennsylvania Railroad Standard Telephone Booth (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Old Iron WorksI Am Steam Locomotive No. 385 (approx. 0.3 miles away); 56-Delaware, Lackawanna & Western R.R. (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Whippany.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on December 17, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 208 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 17, 2015, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.