Historic District - North in Savannah in Chatham County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Independent Presbyterian Church
Erected 1964 by Dr. F.A. Mathis.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1755.
Location. 32° 4.618′ N, 81° 5.636′ W. Marker is in Savannah, Georgia, in Chatham County. It is in the Historic District - North. Marker is on Whitaker St. near Oglethorpe. On the Southeast corner. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Savannah GA 31401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lowell Mason (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Original 1733 Burial Plot (about 300 feet away); Original Presbyterian Meeting House (about 300 feet away); First Baptist Church (about 300 feet away); a different marker also named Independent Presbyterian Church (about 300 feet away); a different marker also First Baptist Church (about 400 feet away); "Tyrants Fall In Every Foe Liberty's In Every Blow" (about 400 feet away); James Moore Wayne, 1790-1867 (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Savannah.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Nearby Independent Presbyterian Church Historical Marker.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 8, 2023. It was originally submitted on July 15, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,576 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 15, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on May 18, 2010, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.