Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Goochland in Goochland County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Beaverdam Episcopal Church

 
 
Beaverdam Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Kathy Walker, October 7, 2007
1. Beaverdam Episcopal Church Marker
Inscription.  288 Yards south is the site of the Second Episcopal Church in Goochland County. Built before 1764, this church was in use until about 1861. William Douglas of Scotland was the rector until 1777. Among other rectors were Charles Hopkins and Richard Wilmer.
 
Erected 1961.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionColonial Era. A significant historical year for this entry is 1764.
 
Location. 37° 41.871′ N, 77° 51.884′ W. Marker is near Goochland, Virginia, in Goochland County. Marker is on Fairground Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Goochland VA 23063, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Clerk's Office (approx. 1˝ miles away); In Memory of All Veterans (approx. 1˝ miles away); Goochland County Courthouse (approx. 1˝ miles away); a different marker also named Goochland County Courthouse (approx. 1˝ miles away); Goochland's Jail (approx. 1˝ miles away); Confederate Memorial
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 1˝ miles away); a different marker also named Goochland County Courthouse (approx. 1˝ miles away); Goochland's Courthouse Square (approx. 1˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Goochland.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 16, 2008, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 2,940 times since then and 24 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on July 16, 2008, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=9221

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
U.S. FTC REQUIRED NOTICE: This website earns income from purchases you make after using links to Amazon.com. Thank you.
Paid Advertisements
Feb. 21, 2024