Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Estell Manor in Atlantic County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

The Head of the River Church

 
 
The Head of the River Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, January 18, 2016
1. The Head of the River Church Marker
Inscription.  (Top marker)
Society Founded 1780, Church Built 1792-First Trustees; David Sayres, Judah Swain, William Smith, Constance Smith, John Champion John Corson, William Goff.

(Bottom left marker)
The Head of the River Methodist Episcopal Church is on both the National and New Jersey registers of Historic Buildings and Sites.

(Bottom right marker)
Head of the River M.E. Church and Cemetery-Est 1792. This plaque was presented on October 12, 2003 by the New Jersey Sarah Soper Chapter of the National Society Colonial Dames XVII Century, to recognize the historic significance of this site and its importance to the community and its people.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionColonial Era. A significant historical year for this entry is 1780.
 
Location. 39° 18.658′ N, 74° 49.254′ W. Marker is in Estell Manor, New Jersey, in Atlantic County. Marker is on Head of the River Road (NJ 649). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Estell Manor NJ 08319, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Tie That Binds (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Etna (Aetna) Furnace

Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.3 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 3.9 miles away); Memorial Field (approx. 3.9 miles away); Exploring the Pines (approx. 4½ miles away); A World Class Ecosystem (approx. 4½ miles away); Roll of Honor (approx. 4.9 miles away); a different marker also named Veterans Memorial (approx. 4.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Estell Manor.
 
The Head of the River Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, January 18, 2016
2. The Head of the River Church Marker
It is located at the bottom of the side of the church
The Head of the River Church and Cemetery image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, January 18, 2016
3. The Head of the River Church and Cemetery
The Head of the River Church-Established 1792 image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, January 18, 2016
4. The Head of the River Church-Established 1792
The sign is located at the entrance to the church drive.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on January 26, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 436 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on January 26, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=92376

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Jun. 9, 2023