Shelby in Orleans County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Early Quaker burial ground
1875 vault and stonewall
built of Medina sandstone.
Chapel built 1894.
Erected 2015 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Cemeteries & Burial Sites. In addition, it is included in the Quakerism, and the William G. Pomeroy Foundation series lists. A significant historical year for this entry is 1871.
Location. 43° 11.414′ N, 78° 19.501′ W. Marker is in Shelby, New York, in Orleans County. Marker is on East Shelby Road (County Route 8) 1.1 miles south of Maple Ridge Road (New York State Route 31A), on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Medina NY 14103, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Millville 1815 (approx. 1.2 miles away); Burial Ground (approx. 1½ miles away); The Medina Culvert (approx. 3.2 miles away); The Culvert Road (approx. 3.3 miles away); Second Lieutenant John E. ButtsIn Honor of Our Departed Comrades (approx. 3½ miles away); Earliest Church (approx. 3.7 miles away); Welcome to Historic Medina (approx. 3.7 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on February 12, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 390 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 12, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.