Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Davenport in Scott County, Iowa — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
 

Blackhawk Purchase Treaty Commemorative

 
 
Blackhawk Purchase Treaty Commemorative Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Don Morfe, September 5, 2000
1. Blackhawk Purchase Treaty Commemorative Marker
Inscription.  To commemorate the Blackhawk Purchase Treaty signed by Maj. Gen. Winfield Scott and Hon. John Reynolds for the United States of America and by Chiefs Keokuk and Waupella for the Sac and Fox Indians at Davenport Iowa Sept. 21, 1832.
 
Erected 1917 by Hannah Caldwell Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
 
Topics and series. This memorial is listed in these topic lists: Native AmericansWars, US Indian. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical date for this entry is September 21, 1832.
 
Location. 41° 31.141′ N, 90° 34.593′ W. Marker is in Davenport, Iowa, in Scott County. Memorial is on Biederbeck Drive. The historical marker is located in LeClaire Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Davenport IA 52801, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Union Station (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Natatorium (about 400 feet away); The Dillon Fountain (about 500 feet away); Petersen Memorial Music Pavilion (about 800 feet away); Leon “Bix” Beiderbecke
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. 0.2 miles away); The LeClaire House Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); First Chiropractic Adjustment (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hose Station No. 1 (approx. Ό mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Davenport.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 18, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 331 times since then and 30 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on March 18, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=93118

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Oct. 5, 2022