Rockett in Ellis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Bell's Chapel Cemetery
Church and cemetery were named in honor of confederate war veteran Jodie M. Bell, a church and civic leader in Rockett community, and first person to be buried here, 1877.
Red Oak Masonic Lodge No. 461, chartered in 1876, helped build 2-story chapel and meeting hall.
The lodge moved to Red Oak in 1894.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 7083.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Fraternal or Sororal Organizations. A significant historical date for this entry is December 27, 1875.
Location. 32° 28.742′ N, 96° 47.048′ W. Marker is in Rockett, Texas, in Ellis County. Marker is on Bells Chapel Road, 0.3 miles east of Dawn Drive, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Waxahachie TX 75165, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this Graves Cemetery (approx. 1.2 miles away); Red Oak Cemetery (approx. 2.2 miles away); Parsons' Cavalry (approx. 2.4 miles away); Ellis County (approx. 2.4 miles away); Rutherford's Crossing Bridge (approx. 3.3 miles away); First Baptist Church Of Waxahachie (approx. 5½ miles away); Winniford House (approx. 6.4 miles away); Ovilla Cemetery (approx. 6.6 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 22, 2016, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 364 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 22, 2016, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.