Washington in Wilkes County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Washington, Wilkes County, Georgia
Wilkes County, Georgia
was laid out first
under legislative act of
January 23, 1780
and a second time under
July 31, 1780
Erected 1934 by Georgia Society, D.A.R.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1780.
Location. 33° 44.267′ N, 82° 44.35′ W. Marker is in Washington, Georgia, in Wilkes County. Marker is at the intersection of East Court Street and North Spring Street on East Court Street. Monument is on the Wilkes County Courthouse grounds. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 23 East Court Street, Washington GA 30673, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Washington-Wilkes Vietnam Monument (here, next to this marker); Woodmen of the World Supreme Sacrifice Monument (here, next to this marker); Jefferson Davis (a few steps from this marker); Wilkes County Confederate Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Bolton Factory (a few steps from this In Memory of Cpl. M. Philip Scarborough, USMC (a few steps from this marker); Wilkes County (a few steps from this marker); The Dissolution of the Confederate Government (a few steps from this marker); Washington Square (within shouting distance of this marker); Last Cabinet Meeting of the C.S.A. (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Washington.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on March 31, 2016, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 316 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 31, 2016, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.