Antioch in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The Woman's Club of Antioch
These women spearheaded the first high school, first library, city park, paved streets and municipal water-sewer system. This lot was purchased in 1904; cardboard shingle sales for a dime built the permanent clubhouse in 1910. The building was leased as school rooms from 1920-22. Renovated and enlarged, otherwise occupied continuously by the Woman's Club of Antioch.
Erected 2001 by E Clampus Vitus, Joaquin Murrieta Chapter No. 13.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Fraternal or Sororal Organizations • Women. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list.
Location. 38° 0.87′ N, 121° 48.821′ W. Marker is in Antioch, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 509 G Street, Antioch CA 94509, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. F & AM - Antioch-Brentwood Lodge #175 Building (approx. 0.2 miles away); Birthplace of Antioch (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Cannery Lady (approx. ¼ mile away); City of Antioch War Dog Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); July 4, Anno Domini, 1951 (approx. half a mile away); The McCoy Cook House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Antioch High School Cupola (approx. 0.7 miles away); Riverview Union High School (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Antioch.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 4, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 255 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 4, 2016, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.