Washington in Wilkes County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
lumber, all rooms
16' squar. 14; ceilings.
Heart pine floors,
second floor fire 1931.
Erected by Wilkes-Washington Historic Foundation.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1893.
Location. 33° 44.083′ N, 82° 44.183′ W. Marker is in Washington, Georgia, in Wilkes County. Marker is at the intersection of South Alexander Avenue and Water Street, on the right when traveling north on South Alexander Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Washington GA 30673, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 10 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Holly Court (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Holly Court (within shouting distance of this marker); Norris House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1888 Parsonage (about 400 feet away); Old Manse (about 400 feet away); Campbell Home (about 500 feet away); Mary Willis Library (about 600 feet away); Washington Presbyterian Church (about 700 feet away); Home of Sarah Hillhouse (about 800 feet away); The Episcopal Church of the Mediator (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Washington.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on April 26, 2016, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 235 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 26, 2016, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.