Tyrone Township in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Original Studebaker Wagon Shop
-On this site in 1830-
John Clement Studebaker built his first wagon shop. The Studebaker family left this location in 1835, to go west eventually settling in South Bend, Indiana. In 1852 his sons founded the wagon manufacturing company that later became the Studebaker Corporation, world renowned builder of automobiles and trucks. Dedicated to the American ideas of hard work and free enterprise by: Keystone Region Chapter, Inc.
Erected 1980 by The Studebaker Drivers Club Inc.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Roads & Vehicles. A significant historical year for this entry is 1830.
Location. 39° 55.146′ N, 77° 8.036′ W. Marker is in Tyrone Township, Pennsylvania, in Adams County. Marker is on Studebaker Lane ¾ mile west of Oxford Road, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 Studebaker Ln, New Oxford PA 17350, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Gettysburg Campaign (approx. 2.1 miles away); a different marker also named Gettysburg Campaign (approx. 2½ miles away); Great Conewago Presbyterian ChurchCivil War Soldiers in the Great Conewago Cemetery (approx. 2.7 miles away); Revolutionary Soldiers in Great Conewago Cemetery (approx. 2.7 miles away); Army of the Potomac (approx. 2.9 miles away); Rock Chapel (approx. 2.9 miles away); Jacob Grass Hotel (approx. 2.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tyrone Township.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 4, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 7, 2016, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. This page has been viewed 406 times since then and 78 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 7, 2016, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. 4, 5. submitted on April 14, 2020, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.