Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Tiro in Crawford County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Knisley Springs Farm

 
 
Knisley Springs Farm Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, May 19, 2016
1. Knisley Springs Farm Marker
Close up
Inscription.  Long known to the Indians for the mineral spring water, this land was purchased in 1819 by Samuel Knisley. After 1880 it was developed as a resort area by Dr. Jerome Bland, who also established a cattle and horse breeding farm. In 1930 the land became part of Pickwick Farms which in 1976 was the largest standardbred breeding farm in Ohio and known throughout the United States and Canada.
 
Erected 1977 by The Michael Families and The Ohio Historical Society. (Marker Number 6- 17.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: AgricultureAnimals. In addition, it is included in the Ohio Historical Society / The Ohio History Connection series list.
 
Location. 40° 50.163′ N, 82° 49.913′ W. Marker is in Tiro, Ohio, in Crawford County. Marker is on Cox Road (County Route 176), on the left when traveling west. Marker is on Cox Rd between Biddle Rd, Co. Rd 44 and Beck Rd, Co. Rd 20, just west of the Sandusky River; all just east of St Rt 602. Touch for map.
Knisley Springs Farm Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, May 19, 2016
2. Knisley Springs Farm Marker
Springs are in the woods to the left
Click or scan to see
this page online
Marker is at or near this postal address: 5921 Cox Rd, Tiro OH 44887, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Remembering Our Veterans of Early Wars (approx. 3.6 miles away); To the Memory of Colonel Wm. Crawford (approx. 3.7 miles away); Seccaium (approx. 5.7 miles away); Olentangy Battle (approx. 5.7 miles away); Crestline War Memorial (approx. 6.1 miles away); Crestline Community Service Center (approx. 6.1 miles away); John Edward Hopley (approx. 6.7 miles away); Lincoln Highway Marker (approx. 7.4 miles away).
 
Knisley Springs Farm Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, May 19, 2016
3. Knisley Springs Farm Marker
Marker from a distance, corner of farmhouse visible to far left
Knisley Springs Farm Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Rev. Ronald Irick, May 19, 2016
4. Knisley Springs Farm Marker
The farmhouse, on the hill above the marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 20, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 534 times since then and 82 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 20, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=94709

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Oct. 5, 2022