Jamestown in Chautauqua County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of the Ballard
Tavern, opened in
1818. It became the
stop for the
operated by Capt.
beginning in 1823.
Erected 2002 by Jamestown Historical Marker Committee.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Roads & Vehicles. A significant historical year for this entry is 1823.
Location. 42° 5.772′ N, 79° 14.496′ W. Marker is in Jamestown, New York, in Chautauqua County. Marker is at the intersection of West 3rd Street and North Main Street, on the right when traveling east on West 3rd Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 7 West 3rd Street, Jamestown NY 14701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Great Fire of 1861 (within shouting distance of this marker); "Gokey Fire" (within shouting distance of this marker); James Prendergast (within shouting distance of this marker); First Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Robert H. Jackson (about 300 feet "Keyes' Carpenter Shop" (about 300 feet away); Site of Gurney Ball Bearing Co. (about 300 feet away); a different marker also named Keyes' Carpenter Shop (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jamestown.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on May 24, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 215 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 24, 2016, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.