Forney in Kaufman County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
1899 Automobile Trip
Erected 1990 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9418.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Roads & Vehicles. A significant historical date for this entry is October 5, 1899.
Location. 32° 44.857′ N, 96° 28.357′ W. Marker is in Forney, Texas, in Kaufman County. Marker is on West Trinity Street near South Bois D'Arc Street, on the right when traveling east. Located in Bell Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Forney TX 75126, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dick P. Moore House (within shouting distance of this marker); Dixie Overland Highway Forney (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Walter Dickson Adams and the Adams Drugstore (about 400 feet away); William Madison McDonald (about 500 feet away); The Forney Messenger (approx. 0.2 miles away); McKellar House (approx. 0.2 miles away); William and Blanche Brooks House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Forney.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 28, 2016. It was originally submitted on June 27, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. This page has been viewed 351 times since then and 15 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on June 27, 2016, by Rheba Bybee of Seagoville, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.