Owensville in Clermont County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Owensville Village Hall
First known as Boston, the village was settled in 1832. It was renamed Owensville by William Owens the first postmaster. The village was laid out in 1836 by James McKinnie and incorporated in 1867 and consisted of 77 acres.
Erected 2003 by Clermont County Bicentennial Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Civil. A significant historical date for this entry is July 14, 1863.
Location. 39° 7.357′ N, 84° 8.189′ W. Marker is in Owensville, Ohio, in Clermont County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street (U.S. 50) and South Broadway Street (Ohio Route 132/276), on the right when traveling east on West Main Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 115 W Main St, Owensville OH 45160, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Stonelick Covered Bridge (approx. 2.8 miles away); Hartman Log Cabin (approx. 4.6 miles away); Tri-State Warbird Museum (approx. 5.1 miles away); Lake Allyn Site (approx. 5.7 miles away); Williamsburg (approx. 5.8 miles away); Charles B. Huber Farm (approx. 5.8 miles away); Burial Site of Two Unknown Soldiers (approx. 5.9 miles away); Williamsburg Veterans Memorial (approx. 6 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on July 5, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 4, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 311 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 4, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.