(Inscription under the image in the lower left)
Joe Little lived nearby and worked for the Peter family as a coachman driving horse drawn carriages and then as chauffeur of the family’s Pierce-Arrow cars in the 1920s.
(Inscription under the image in the upper right)
A barn housing cows, sheep, and other small farm animals was demolished to make way for a new garage built in 1914.
(Inscription under the image in the lower right)
Garage addition under construction, 1967.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings
Location. 38° 54.697′ N, 77° 3.8′ W. Marker is in Georgetown in Washington, District of Columbia. Marker can be reached from 31st Street Northwest north of Avon Lane Northwest, on the left when traveling north. This marker is at the back of the Mansion as you walk up the path from the street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1644 31st Street Northwest, Washington DC 20007, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. South Lawn (within shouting distance of this marker); Watching the Flames (within shouting distance of this marker); Dumbarton Oaks (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); 1667 Wisconsin Ave. NW (about 700 feet away); Volta Place: A Place in History (about 800 feet away); The Original Georgetown Reservoir (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Presbyterian Congregation in George Town (approx. 0.2 miles away); Parrott Ropewalk (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 12, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 18, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 273 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 18, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.