El Campo in Wharton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
El Campo Library Building
Erected 1990 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1408.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Man-Made Features. A significant historical year for this entry is 1940.
Location. 29° 11.7′ N, 96° 16.215′ W. Marker is in El Campo, Texas, in Wharton County. Marker is at the intersection of West Monseratte Street and Alamo Street, on the right when traveling east on West Monseratte Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 W Monseratte St, El Campo TX 77437, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Prairie Switch (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); First National Bank of El CampoEl Campo (approx. 0.3 miles away); Danevang (approx. 11.1 miles away); Ansgar Evangelical Lutheran Church and Cemetery (approx. 11.2 miles away); Danevang Lutheran Church (approx. 11.2 miles away); Danevang Pioneer Monument (approx. 11.2 miles away); Danevang Community Hall (approx. 11.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in El Campo.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2016. It was originally submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. This page has been viewed 232 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 30, 2016, by Gregory Walker of La Grange, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.