Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Fredericksburg in Spotsylvania County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Stuart

 
 
Stuart Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Kathy Walker, April 11, 2007
1. Stuart Marker
Inscription.  At this point J. E. B. Stuart had his headquarters and cavalry camp in December 1862.
 
Erected 1927 by Conservation and Development Commission. (Marker Number E-8.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: War, US Civil. In addition, it is included in the Virginia Department of Historic Resources series list. A significant historical month for this entry is December 1862.
 
Location. 38° 15.252′ N, 77° 29.861′ W. Marker is near Fredericksburg, Virginia, in Spotsylvania County. Marker is on Jefferson Davis Highway (Virginia Route 1) 0.1 miles south of Lafayette Boulevard (Virginia Route 1), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 5206 Wicker St, Fredericksburg VA 22408, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Start of Sheridan's Raid (a few steps from this marker); Cox House (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Chancellorsville Campaign (approx. 0.6 miles away); Longstreet’s Winter Headquarters (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lee’s Head Quarters
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(approx. one mile away); Fredericksburg Campaign (approx. 1½ miles away); Grant’s Supply Line (approx. 1½ miles away); Virginia Central Railway Trail (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fredericksburg.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 2, 2023. It was originally submitted on July 28, 2008, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,048 times since then and 48 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on July 28, 2008, by Kathy Walker of Stafford, Virginia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=9638

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Oct. 2, 2023