The Historic National Road in Ohio
Euphemia’s fortunes declined when the “Dayton Turnpike” was constructed, diverting traffic from the National Road. Meanwhile, the National Road in western Ohio remained unimproved. Petitioning by residents did result in the completion of the road to the state line, but neighboring Lewisburg acquired the railroad and annexed Euphemia in 1916.
Erected 2010 by The Ohio National Road Association, Inc.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these
Location. 39° 51.282′ N, 84° 32.31′ W. Marker is in Lewisburg, Ohio, in Preble County. Marker is at the intersection of Cumberland Street (U.S. 40) and North Commerce Street (Ohio Route 503), on the right when traveling west on Cumberland Street. marker is in front of the Lewisburg Police Department. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 West Cumberland Street, Lewisburg OH 45338, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Welcome to the National Road (approx. 5.7 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 6.1 miles away); "Battlefield Cross" (approx. 6.1 miles away); Joseph Justin Heltsley (approx. 6.1 miles away); Thomas Franklin Herkins (approx. 6.1 miles away); Camp Maple Swamp (approx. 7 miles away); Van Ausdal-Donohoe House (approx. 9.2 miles away); William Bruce (approx. 9.3 miles away).
Additional keywords. Old National
Credits. This page was last revised on August 8, 2016. It was originally submitted on August 5, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 331 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on August 5, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.