Engine House 11
The Historic National Road in Ohio
Fire Station, Engine House, and Station House are terms that have been used interchangeably over many years to note the location of community firefighters and their equipment. This station or engine house has a “sister station" No. 10 which was also constructed on the National Road during the same year at West Broad and Glenwood Avenue. Station No. 10 is an architectural match.
In 1951, Emergency Squad 1 was moved to Station 11, followed by the squad supervisor and all
squad support supplies for the entire city. Additionally, Station 11 housed the gas mask repair shop for the fire division.
Erected 2014 by The Ohio National Road Association.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Charity & Public Work
Location. 39° 57.481′ N, 82° 58.368′ W. Marker is in Columbus, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is on East Main Street (U.S. 40), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1000 East Main Street, Columbus OH 43205, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hannah Neil Mission And Home For The Friendless (approx. 0.4 miles away); Ohio Institution for Education of the Blind (approx. half a mile away); Bryden Road Historic District (approx. half a mile away); Kelton House (approx. 0.6 miles away); Snowden- Gray House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Elaine Hastings Mason (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Lincoln Theatre (approx. 0.8 miles away); Second Baptist Church / James P. Poindexter (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbus.
Additional keywords. Old National Road
Credits. This page was last revised on September 5, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 4, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 237 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 4, 2016, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.