A Historic Place on the National Register
Evelyn Hall is considered one of the finest examples of Queen Anne architecture in the State of Michigan. It was dedicated on July 24, 1890 as a summer home of the Woman's Christian Temperance Union.
Evelyn Hall was restored as part of the Bay View 2000 Initiative and was re-dedicated Sunday, August 9, 1998.
Erected by Bay View Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Charity & Public Work • Women. A significant historical date for this entry is July 24, 1890.
Location. 45° 23.055′ N, 84° 56.094′ W. Marker is in Bay View, Michigan, in Emmet County. Evelyn Hall is on the Bay View Association campus, about 250 feet NNE of the intersection of Encampment and Glendale Avenues. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Petoskey MI 49770, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bay View / Bay View Association (within shouting distance of this marker); Vernor Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); John M. Hall Auditorium (within shouting distance
Regarding Evelyn Hall. Evelyn Hall contributes to the Bay View National Historic Landmark District.
Also see . . .
1. The Bay View Association of the United Methodist Church. Association website homepage (Submitted on September 5, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Woman’s Christian Temperance Union. History website entry (Submitted on January 15, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on January 15, 2022. It was originally submitted on September 5, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 477 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 5, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.