Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Mosheim in Greene County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
 

Blue Springs Lutheran Congregation

Organized Prior to 1811.

 
 
Blue Springs Lutheran Congregation Marker image. Click for full size.
By Tom Bosse, September 10, 2016
1. Blue Springs Lutheran Congregation Marker
Inscription.  Near here stood it's three buildings. The first was constructed of logs. The second, a brick structure, build before the Civil War, and used by General Ambrose E. Burnside for a hospital following the Battle of Blue Springs in 1863. Last, a frame building, erected by the Rev. F.M. Harr in 1893, and still standing in 1971.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionWar, US Civil. A significant historical year for this entry is 1811.
 
Location. 36° 11.402′ N, 82° 57.499′ W. Marker is in Mosheim, Tennessee, in Greene County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Oak Hill Street, on the left when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mosheim TN 37818, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Blue Springs Church and Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Battles of Blue Springs (approx. 1.4 miles away); Battle of Blue Springs (approx. 1˝ miles away); Pottertown Bridge Burners (approx. 3.2 miles away); Bridge Burners Monument (approx. 3.2 miles away);
Blue Springs Lutheran Congregation Marker image. Click for full size.
By Tom Bosse, September 10, 2016
2. Blue Springs Lutheran Congregation Marker
Click or scan to see
this page online
Execution of the "Bridge-Burners" (approx. 3.4 miles away); Carter's Station (approx. 4˝ miles away); George Clem School (approx. 6.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mosheim.
 
Blue Springs Lutheran Congregation Marker image. Click for full size.
By Tom Bosse, September 10, 2016
3. Blue Springs Lutheran Congregation Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 12, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 10, 2016, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 236 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on September 10, 2016, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.

Share This Page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=97669

Paid Advertisement
Jun. 21, 2021