— M-119 Tunnel of Trees Scenic Heritage Route —
The church below, built in 1889, stand[s] in the vicinity of the first Jesuit mission of 1741, which was rebuilt by local Waganakising Odawak carpenters and craftsmen in 1825
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Native Americans. A significant historical year for this entry is 1889.
Location. 45° 33.12′ N, 85° 6.792′ W. Marker is in Middle Village, Michigan, in Emmet County. Marker is on State Highway 119, 0.1 miles north of Middle Village Drive, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Harbor Springs MI 49740, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Ignatius of Loyola Church and Cemetery (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Ignatius Mission (about 600 feet away); a different marker also named Middle Village (about 600 feet away); Area Of The Old Council Tree (approx. 5.1 miles away); L'Arbre Croche (approx. 5.6 miles away); The Legs Inn (approx. 7.3 miles away); Light Houses of Grays Reef Passage
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Also see . . .
1. St. Ignatius Church, Middle Village MI. (Submitted on September 14, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. M-119's Tunnel of Trees. (Submitted on September 14, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 15, 2016. It was originally submitted on September 14, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 305 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 14, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.