— 318 East Lake Street —
The first building on this site, known as the Lake Street House, was completed in 1877. Later it was called the Farmer's Home, catering to farmers and laborers. That building burned to the ground with three adjacent buildings in 1880. Renamed the National Hotel by Conrad Zoll, the present building was erected by a farmer, Francis X. Schluttenhofer, in 1881. From 1915 until 1949, J.F. and T.A. Bremmeyr operated here as the Franklin Hotel. A specialty gift shop called In The Woods was located here by Shirley Hill from the 1970s to 2001.
National Register of Historic Places
Erected by Little Traverse Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan, Little Traverse Historical Society marker series.
Location. 45° 22.491′ N, 84° 57.391′ W. Marker is in Petoskey, Michigan, in Emmet County. Marker is on Lake Street east of Petoskey Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 318 East Lake Street, Petoskey MI 49770, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of
Also see . . . Little Traverse Historical Society. (Submitted on September 18, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for National Hotel.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 18, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 18, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 238 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 18, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.