G & A Building
— 307 East Lake Street —
This building was named for business partners Guleserian and Altoonjian, formerly of Armenia. Their Persian Bazaar had been relocated from the waterfront Midway to this downtown location. The second floor was leased for the Petoskey Normal and Business College, founded in 1888. Other retail occupants have included Mrs. Pearl Cutting, a well-loved seller of women's clothing in the 1950s and 1960s. Mclean and Eakin Booksellers enhanced the building's Neo-Classic Revival facade which features piers with decorative capitals between the windows.
National Register of Historic Places
Erected by Little Traverse Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan, Little Traverse Historical Society marker series.
Location. 45° 22.504′ N, 84° 57.415′ W. Marker is in Petoskey, Michigan, in Emmet County. Marker is on Lake Street east of Petoskey Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 307 East Lake Street, Petoskey MI 49770, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance
Also see . . . Little Traverse Historical Society. (Submitted on September 18, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for G & A Building.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 18, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 18, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 251 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 18, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.