Rededicated April 24, 2007
This plaque marks the rededication of Jamestown Settlement on the eve of the Jamestown Quadricentennial and upon the occasion of its 50th anniversary and completion of its comprehensive facilities master plan, executed between 1997 and 2007. Original dedicated April 1, 1957, as Jamestown Festival Park upon the occasion of the 350th anniversary of the founding of Jamestown. The museum was renamed Jamestown Settlement in 1990.
Boynton Rothschild Rowland, P.C. Architect Commemorative Plaza; Design and Production, Incorporated, Exhibit Fabricator Jamestown Settlement Galleries; Gallacher & Associates, P.C., Exhibit Designers Jamestown Settlement Gallaries; Glave & Holmes Associates, Architect Phases II, III, and IV, Gallery Complex; Guernesey Tingle Architects, Architect Riverfront Amenities Area, Shipwright Building, and Maintenance Building; LKPW Architects, LLP, Architect Phase I, Gallery Complex; Rickmond Engineering, Inc., Project Designer Entranceway and Parking; Wilson Moreth Connock LTD Comprehensive Facilities Master Plan.
Jamestown Quadricentennial 1607-2007
Erected by Jamestown
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Exploration • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical date for this entry is April 1, 1957.
Location. 37° 13.576′ N, 76° 46.958′ W. Marker is near Williamsburg, Virginia, in James City County. Marker is on Jamestown Road. This marker is located at the north end of Jamestown Quadricentennial Plaza. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2110 Jamestown Road, Williamsburg VA 23185, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Delaware (here, next to this marker); Pennsylvania (here, next to this marker); New Jersey (here, next to this marker); First Poles (here, next to this marker); Hawaii (a few steps from this marker); Georgia (a few steps from this marker); Alaska (a few steps from this marker); Arizona (a few steps from this marker).
Credits. This page was last revised on February 1, 2021. It was originally submitted on September 23, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 299 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 23, 2016, by Don Morfe of Baltimore, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.