The First Congregational Church
The First Congregational Church was formed in 1882. Members purchased this lot in 1883, and the building was completed in 1885. Church women held social fundraisers to help finance its cost. The building features rare Stick style motifs. The church installed stained glass windows in 1884 and the half ton-bell made of Michigan copper and Banca tin in 1886. It added a wing in 1904 and a fellowship hall in 1970.
Erected 2011 by Michigan Historical Commission, Michigan Historical Center. (Marker Number L1930.)
Location. 45° 19.077′ N, 85° 15.653′ W. Marker is in Charlevoix, Michigan, in Charlevoix County. Marker is at the intersection of State Street and Park Avenue, on the left when traveling north on State Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 State Street, Charlevoix MI 49720, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Harsha House Museum (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Battle of "Pine River" (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wharfside Building and Park Acquisition (approx.
Also see . . . First Congregational Church of Charlevoix MI. (Submitted on September 23, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Man-Made Features •
More. Search the internet for The First Congregational Church.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 23, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 23, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 164 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 23, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.