World War Memorial
1917 In Memoriam 1919
and dedicated by the people of
Grand Traverse region
May 30, 1924
in honor of
all her boys and girls
who served in the World War
and in loving memory of
those who died while in service.
Clyde B. Allen Elgin C. Lewis
Clarence W. Allen Harry V. LaBar
Laurance G. Bowen Jacob Lahym
Alfred F. Black James F. Munson
Cleon Bisard Leon Morgan
Harold F. Canfield Harry O. Pray
Alonzo B. Cummings Frank A. Pollock
Herbert F. Daehn Tony Rakowski
Arthur G. Edgecomb Carl E. Robertson
Frank Edgecomb Albert Southbird
Harvey Fahnestalk William P. Shields
Harry A. Holliday Harry Starbuck
William H. Hodges Hanley A. Wilhelm
Kenneth K. Koch Ralph G. Wallace
Frank J. Kolndorfer Gordon Yoemans
Edward Kildee Alfred G. Zeits
Albert Labutsky Fred Zimmerman
Erected 1924 by County Federation of Women's Clubs and Organizations.
Location. 44° 45.696′ N, 85° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 328 Washington Street, Traverse City MI 49684, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Grand Traverse County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Spanish-American War Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Civil War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); U.S.S. Sabine Parrott Rifle (within shouting distance of this marker); Central United Methodist Church (approx. Ό mile away); Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans (approx. 0.3 miles away); Korean War Memorial (approx. 0.8 miles away); Second Industrial Revolution (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Traverse City.
Categories. • Patriots & Patriotism • War, World I • Women •
More. Search the internet for World War Memorial.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 26, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 26, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 199 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 26, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.