Fulton in Itawamba County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 2014 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 11, 1837.
Location. 34° 16.41′ N, 88° 24.531′ W. Marker is in Fulton, Mississippi, in Itawamba County. Marker is at the intersection of West Main Street and South Cummings Street, on the left when traveling west on West Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 West Main Street, Fulton MS 38843, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least Jimmie Lunceford (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Early Church Site (about 600 feet away); Itawamba Community College (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Cedars (approx. 0.2 miles away); Aeolian Grove (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fulton Grammar School (approx. 0.4 miles away); Underground Railroad Bicycle Route (approx. one mile away); Fawn Grove School (approx. 6˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fulton.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 10, 2016. It was originally submitted on October 10, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 266 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 10, 2016, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.