Covington in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South-Central)
Erected 1957 by The Louisiana Department of Commerce an Industry.
Location. 30° 28.748′ N, 90° 5.721′ W. Marker is in Covington, Louisiana, in St. Tammany Parish. Marker is at the intersection of North Columbia Street (State Highway 437) and East Kirkland Street, on the left when traveling north on North Columbia Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 609 N Columbia St, Covington LA 70433, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bicentennial Covington #1 (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Public "Ox Lot" Parking (about 700 feet away); Reconstruction Period (approx. 0.2 miles away); H.J. Smith and Sons Hardware and Museum (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Covington Bank and Trust Building (approx. ¼ mile away); Courthouse Square and Historic Oaks Public "Ox Lot" Parking (approx. ¼ mile away); The Southern Hotel (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Covington.
The John Collins marker in Covington Louisiana has his grandfather's name wrong. GF was not named John Wharton. It was Thomas Wharton Collins.
— Submitted April 12, 2019, by James N. Bell of Lufkin, Texas, Texas.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers • War of 1812 •
More. Search the internet for Covington.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 5, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 15, 2016. This page has been viewed 192 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 15, 2016. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.